Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Whats been happening

Sorry I haven't been posting for a little while. Since my hubby had the Liver cancer I have been struggling with my own illness. I have been ill for nearly three months and have had heaps of tests. I have had an infection in my system that has brought me very low and without energy. I am very low in Iron and have aneamia amongst other things.




Yesterday I had a chest, Abdomen and pelvic CT scan with dye through the veins. The results came straight through to my Doctor and I have been told I have Kidney cancer. Now I know you can live with one kidney. I thought to myself enough is enough. After having a double mastectomy for cancer two years ago and then my hubby having colon cancer and now has just got over liver cancer ones starts to wonder what is going on and when it will end. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining.



I am missing my craft so much ( NOW I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT)and have not been able to color my new Spring collection. I want to go in the nautical comp for Magnolia-licious highlites but looks like it won't happen. The good thing is I already have an appointment at the hospital to see a Urologist so hopefully I will have an operation soon and have my appetite back.

Everything tastes horrible (even chocolate). As a matter of fact I now can't eat anything so hopefully that will be sorted soon. There are a couple of other things that still need to be looked into like lesions on the Liver which I am hoping will be nothing and a cyst on the spleen. The good news is that it is only in my right kidney and is not associated with the breast cancer. It is called Renal Cell Carconoma.

So with much regret I need to leave my blog for a little while. I want to thank everyone that have left comments. They have been so encouraging and uplifting. I appreciate every single one.

17 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh Marion!! I am so sorry to read this... I do hope you get what you need, and that you will be on the mend very soon.

Take care.

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh Marion, this is such sad news! I'm sorry that you're having to face so many difficult challenges on your life. I will be praying for you. Just do what you need to do to stay strong and to keep looking up!
Hugs.
Barb

Angela said...

Oh Marion, I hate to hear all the things you and your husband are going through!! It is heart breaking!! The Lord has some BIG and I mean BIG plans for you and your family!! All I can do for you is pray that things get better and the Lord shows you his plans for you!! You take care of yourself and I hope you have a full recovery and feel better than ever after all this you are going through now!!
Sending you and your family BIG HUGS and PRAYERS!! Oh the power of prayer!!
Angela

charlene said...

Marion I am so sorry to hear about this you have had to deal with so much lately. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope to see you back crafting with us in the near future.
Hugs

Diana Crick said...

My Dear Marion, I feel so bad that you are having to deal with such turmoil in your life. Please know I will be thinking of you and praying very hard that all is sorted very soon .
Much love, Diana

Only By His Grace said...

To all of you...Thank you so very much for your thoughtfulness. It means so much that people really do care. I think somehow it strengthens a person. I think without faith I would not cope at all but after so many trials they tend to make you stronger.

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

Maz, I was devastated to see yet another post from you with the C word in it, you are a very strong person to keep coping with all this. You must wonder "why us"? that is only natural. I am sending you lots of love and positive thoughts.....fight the fight love!!!
you have done it once you can do it again, please keep in touch
Lots of love
Jenni & Gordy ........love to Doug too xoxoxo

Nancy said...

Marion, you are dealing with way too much at one time, and I am so sorry. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. When you have a moment, please pop into the Magnolia group to let us now how you are doing, okay? Try hard to find a few moments each day to work on something you love, something that brings you joy, that not even illness can take from you, and pack up a bunch of card making supplies to take to the hospital with you. They can be easy ones. You don't need all the bling, but who knows, you might cause a lot of nurses to become paper crafters - AND they will admire your endurance and spunk. God bless.

Kathy Gerace said...

Oh Marion, I am so sorry for all that you and your hubby have gone through. Even in the dark times, God has it all under control. I will be praying for you and your family.
Remember - The Son is still shining on the other side of the clouds.
Huggeroonies,
Kathy Gerace

Deb said...

Marion, I am so sorry to read of all the troubles that you and your DH are going through right now. Sometimes, it is hard to draw on the strength we need to get through a crisis and I am praying for you both that God will help you find the strength you need. Bless you both!
Deb

Anonymous said...

I love you both x x x

Baukje said...

I am so sorry to read this Marion, you have both been through quite enough and I think you have every right to complain if you want to.
You must do as Nancy says though and take some time to do what you love.
I will be keeping you both in my thoughts.

hugs..........Baukje

Hanny said...

Hello Maz.. it is with much sadness that I write this messsage.. you and Doug have been in my thoughts and prayers daily, its such a tragedy that you have yet again to cope with this dreaded disease just when things were starting to look good for you both.. with your faith and the thoughts and prayers from all your friends worldwide I sure hope this new finding is operated on soon and you are on the road to recovery again .. as Jenni said YOU CAN DO IT GIRL.. thinking of you and sending you lots of love and strength.. your FPC friend Henny-Hanna.. ((((hugs))))

Unknown said...

Hi Maz and Doug,
As Baujke said you have both been through quite enough and I think you have every right to complain if you want to. I'm sorry to hear that you have to go through this again. Are you low in vitamin D as well. I am and my naturopath said I need to get that up as well to fight it.
Will be thinking about you both.
Kay

cabio's craft corner said...

Oh Marion, I am terribly sorry to hear this. Hope everything will be well for you and you sure will be missed :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sheila said...

My heart goes out to you and as my prayers!! From one family to another dealing with cancer, it's so difficult to understand. You can only live life to its fullest. Sounds easy..but I know it isn't. My family has been dealt the cancer card way to many times. I recently lost my 5th Sibling, Father, Grandparents to Cancer...and some struggling today with this dreadful disease. God brought me to your page for a reason, and I look forward to checking out your entire blog because you have given me so much inspiration in your cards.

Thanks so much for sharing your talent with me.

God Bless You!
Hugs, Sheila

Anonymous said...

My love thoughts and prayers are with you at such a very difficult time.
Love Sian xx